Good intentions are not enough when it comes to board membership.
The definitions of board effectiveness has shifted dramatically over the past decade. Directors are expected to understand the complexity of operations and financial oversight while facing personal risk and liability. If you serve or are considering nonprofit Board service, it's important you know your responsibilities as well as legal and fiduciary duties to best meet your nonprofit's mission. Nonprofit Boards play an important role in ensuring an organization is meeting its mission, is legally and financially sound, and planning for the future. Not only will we review the top roles and responsibilities you have as a board member, we'll talk about best practices for putting it into action.
Topics to be covered:
- Mission, Vision, and Planning
- Board legal and fiduciary duties
- Ensuring strong finances and financial management
- Relationship between the board and CEO/ED
- Ways to develop your board of directors