Position: Multi-Client Nonprofit Bookkeeper
Employment Status: Full-Time or Full Time
Compensation Method: Hourly or Salaried
Accountable To: Lead Accountant or Managing Member
The purpose of Missionwell LLC is to provide low cost and high quality accounting, finance & administrative support services to non-profits. We focus on three segments: Public charities; Churches/religious organizations; and Private schools, including religious schools. We partner with our clients, bringing outstanding breadth and depth of expertise, and allowing them to focus on their mission.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate in this position will provide bookkeeping services to one or more Missionwell client organizations. Duties encompass some or all of the following:
- Handles general bookkeeping and accounting tasks and maintain related documentation files, including, but not limited to:
- Setting up new customers and donors as needed
- Posting cash receipts
- Preparing contribution acknowledgments and donor statements
- Preparing invoices and customer statements
- Setting up new vendors as needed; requesting W9s as required; sending out 1099’s
- Receiving invoices, bills, check requests and expense reports, reviewing for completeness and compliance with client policy, routing for approvals and posting
- Entering payroll and preparing associated journal entries
- Preparing cash disbursements and routing for approvals
- Monitoring bank activity and accessing images as needed via online access
- Preparing bank account and other account reconciliations
- Preparing schedules for monthly close and associated journal entries
- Completing tax and compliance forms for government entities
- Performs day to day client communication, report or status submissions and requests for information.
- Organizes, creates and maintains up-to-date electronic files.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as requested or as assigned.
- Education and/or prior experience in general accounting/bookkeeping, receivables, payables and payroll.
- A familiarity with or a willingness to learn about nonprofit accounting.
- Computer literacy: a proficiency in accounting software, email, MS Office and a capacity to learn other programs as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and via email.
- Ability to deal with problems in a positive manner and find effective solutions or know where to seek assistance.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to work independently in an efficient and effective manner.
- Solid time management and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change, multi-task and be flexible.
To be determined based on client need and candidate’s schedule.
$12-18 per hour, depending upon education and experience.
The organization reserves the right to change job descriptions at any time, with or without advance notice.